Paneer Kali Mirch
- 250 gram paneer
- 1 tsp julienned ginger
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoon Ghee or Oil
- 2 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Sugar
Ingredients For Paste:
- 1 Cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup cashews
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 Cup water
- Cut paneer into bite size cubes. Soak in lukewarm water. This step will soften the paneer and gives it mouth melting texture.
- Heat 1 ¼ cup of water. Add onion, cashew, and ginger. Boil for 5 - 6 minutes to soften the ingredients. Turn off the heat. Allow to cool and grind to a smooth paste. Use boiled water if required.
- To prepare the gravy, heat Ghee in a kadhai over medium flame. Add sliced ginger. Fry for a minute or till ginger turns light pink in color.
- Add the onion paste and fry the paste stirring continuously. Till oil starts separating from the masala.
- Once the Ghee gets separated from the masala add black pepper, garam masala, half of kasuri methi, and stir to combine. Cook for 10 - 20 seconds.
- Next, add milk. Stir to combine. Allow the milk to simmer for 3 - 5 minutes or till the gravy thickens. We need a thick, creamy gravy.
- Once the gravy thickens, add paneer cubes, leftover kasuri methi, and salt to taste. Mix nicely. Cover the pan with a lid. Cook paneer kali mirch for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and
- Serve paneer kali mirch warm with paratha or naan.