Choliya Kadhi Recipe | Hara Chana Curry with pakoda
- 1/2 Kg Hara Chana / Choliya
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Red Chlli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- Garam Masala to sprinkle
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash choliya.
- Make a paste of the green choliya in a mixie adding some water.
- Divide the mixture into two parts.
- Add curd and some water in one part mix well and keep aside.
- Beat the remaining mixture well for 5 minutes.
- Heat sufficiant oil in a pan Make pakodis with this mixture and keep them aside.
- In another pan heat 2 tbsp oil/ Ghee.
- Add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, Asafoetida, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the curd and choliya mixture with 2 cups of water.
- Bring it to boil simmer for 10 minutes or till nicely cooked and thick. You can adjust the consistency by adding more water if you want.
- Now add pakodis and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala. Serve Hot with chappati or rice.