- 4 large Unripe Mangoes (kacchi kairi)
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp roasted Cumin Powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1/2 tsp Black salt
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Rinse and then wipe dry the mangoes. keep a Tawa or roti rack or papad rack on a gas stove top.
- Place the mangoes on it. keep on turning them at intervals so that they are charred and cooked evenly.
- The peels should get charred. To check doneness, slid a knife on one of the sides and the knife should slid easily without any resistance.
- keep the roasted mangoes aside and let them cool at room temperature. you can also keep them in water for some minutes and then peel them.
- once they cool down, then remove the charred peels. Remove the peels well. Discard the seeds.
- Mash the mangoes to take out all the pulp. Do not discard the water.
- Add 5-6 cups of water in the existing water.
- Add sugar, roasted cumin powder , salt and black salt to the mango pulp mixed with water.
- Mix well to dissolve the sugar. Adjust sugar and salt according to your taste.
- Add more water if required. Chill it for a few hours before serving.
- Pour the panna in glasses.
- Add some ice cubes.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve chilled.