- 750 gms Spinach
- 200 gms Paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger, chopped
- 8-10 Garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Fresh cream
- Salt to taste
- Remove the stems and wash spinach thoroughly in running water. Blanch in salted boiling water for two minutes.
- Refresh in chilled water. Squeeze out excess water. Grind into a fine paste along with green chillies and ginger.
- Cut the paneer into one inch by one inch by half inch pieces. Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds. When they begin to change colour, add garlic and saute for half a minute.
- Add chopped Onion and saute for few minutes till translucent.
- Add the spinach puree and stir. add salt and check seasoning.
- Add water if required. When the gravy comes to a boil, add the paneer and mix well. Stir in lemon juice.
- Finally add fresh cream and garam masala. Serve hot.