Rajasthani Bajre ki Raabdi
- 1/4 cup Bajra Flour ( Pearl Millet)
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 4 Cups Water
- Cumin (Jeera) seeds for garnishing
- Mint/Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- To begin making the Rajasthani Bajre Ki Khatti Raabdi, mix Curd and bajra flour in a bowl add 4 cups of water and salt to it. Mix well so that no lumps are left in the liquid.
- Cover it with a lid and keep it on side for 1-2 hours. (Traditionally it is made and kept under sun for natural fermentation in an earthen pot)
- Add it in a saucepan and cook it in on the low flame with continuous stirring, preferably with a wooden ladle for about 25-30 minutes.You will notice it gets thickened when cooked.
- Stop cooking when it reaches about semi liquid/pouring consistency.
- Sprinkle cumin seeds and mint leaves for garnishing. Raab/Raabdi will be thickened further upon cooling.
- Serve Rajasthani Bajre Ki Khatti Raabdi with Bajre Ki Roti and Ker-Sangri Ka Saar for a wholesome weekday lunch. You can also serve it with Rajasthani Gatte Ki Sabzi, Phulka and Masala Khichia.