Kashmiri Dum Aloo (No onion No Garlic)
- 1/kg small Boiled Potatoes
- 2 Tomatoes, pureed
- 1/2 inch Ginger , pureed with tomatoes
- 8-10 Cashews, soaked and make paste
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Cinamon stick
- 1 Brown Cardamom
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 cup Curd , beaten
- 3-4 Green cardamon
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- Take medium sized boiled potatoes, peel the potatoes, Prick these so that they absorb spices well.
- Add spices such as turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt. Mix all.
- Heat oil in a pan, then add the potatoes. Fry well until it is brown from all sides, Stir at regular intervals. Take out.
- Add oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, Hing, cinnamon stick, cloves, Green cardamon and add Black cardamom. Roast them.
- Add tomato paste and cashew paste and curd ,Saute till oil is separated.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, kashmiri red chili powder and salt .
- Stir and roast the masala till it is grainy and till oil separates, turn off flame.
- Add water to it. Add garam masala and some green coriander. Mix well then add the potatoes. Stir them. Cover and cook it on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Dum Aloo is ready, garnish with some green coriander. It can be served with chapati , parantha, naan or rice.