- 500 grams Okra (bhindi or lady finger)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp Red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1.5 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur Powder)
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Sooji/Rawa
- 1 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- !/2 Lemon Juice
- Oil For Frying
- Rinse the okra or bhindi in water for 3-4 times.
- Wipe them dry with a kitchen napkin. Slice the bhindi vertically into 4 pieces. If you have small sized bhindi, then slice into 2 pieces. Remove Seeds.
- Take all your sliced bhindi in a big thali or a big bowl.
- Now sprinkle all the spice powders, Rawa, Besan, Rice flour one by one on the sliced bhindi. Leave Chaat Masala to be sprinkeled with lemon juice.
- With a spoon or spatula, gently mix the spice powders with the bhindi.
- The spices must evenly coat the bhindi. Add little water so that masala coat the bhindis very well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the bhindi in 3 batches over high heat till browned and crispy.
- Remove on a plate lined with kitchen towel to drain the excess oil.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and chaat masala on top.
- Serve immediately.