- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2.5 tbsp Ghee/Oil
- Salt to taste
For Achari Masala :
- 4-5 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Onion Seeds / Kalonji
- 1 tsp Pickle Masala
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder / Amchoor
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- For Preparing Masala : Dry roast all spices except Pickle masala in a pan on low heat till aromatic.
- Grind to a slightly coarse powder. Add ready-made pickle masala. Mix well. The mixture has to be just damp.
- In a bog bowl add All purpose flour, Wheat Flour,ajwain,black pepper powder,salt. Mix well. Then add ghee/oil. Rub the mixture using both the hands. The mixture should look crumbly.
- Slowly start adding water. The dough should be tight and on little bit dry side. Let it rest covered for 15-20 minutes.
- In a deep pan heat enough oil.
- Knead the dough again for a minute.Pinch small balls out of the dough. Make a small spacein the middle using finger.
- Fill ¼ tsp of achari masala. Press in between two hand to flatten the balls to ¼ inch thickness.
- Using a fork prick the flatten puris 2-3 times. Repeat the same step with rest of the dough balls.
- Once the oil is medium hot,slowly slide 4-5 puris at a time to the hot oil. Reduce flame to low.Deep fry flipping them in between till both the sides turns golden brown.
- Once done, drain excess oil and place them on a tissue paper.Let it cool on a plate and then place in a air-tight container.