Sprouted Wheat Halwa / Ankurit Gehu Ke Doodh Ka Halwa
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat
- 3/4 Cup Ghee
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Mixed Nuts
- 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- Clean and wash the whole wheat.
- Soak them for 12 hours .
- Drain and keep them in wet cloth for 2-3 days till they sprout.
For Making Milk:
- After 3 days you will see sprouted wheat.
- Take them in a grinder add 1/2 Cup water and grind properly.
- Seive the mixture add the left over wheat in mixer again add 1/2 cup of water and grind again.
- Seive again and repeat the process of grinding with 1/2 more cup water .
- Seive again and left over mixture is the required milk. It took me about 1 and 1/2 cups of water to make milk.
For Making Halwa:
- Add 1 tsp of Ghee in heavy bottomed pan and fry all the dry fruits . keep aside.
- In a same pan add 1 tbsp Ghee add sugar into this.
- Cook till sugar melts and caramlized.
- Switch off the flame and cover the pan more than half and pour 1 and 1/2 Cups of water.
- Switch on the flame and cook till all the sugar is disolved.
- Now slowly add the prepared wheat milk and keep stirring.
- keep stirring to avoid any lumps.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee and keep stirring. Add ghee slowly slowly till the ghee leaves its side.
- Add nuts and cardamon powder.
- Halwa is ready to serve. Garnish with nuts and serve.