Spinach Corn Sandwich
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Refined Flour
- 3/4th Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels
- 30 Spinach Leaves, blanched
- 50 gms Processed Cheese
- 6 slices Bread
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oil / Butter for greasing
- Heat a pan. Add butter. Once butter starts to melt add flour. Stir using a spatula for a minute on low-medium heat. (Avoid burning).
- Once the raw flavor of the flour is gone, slowly add warm milk. Whisk carefully to make a smooth mixture and avoid any lump.
- Add Corn Kernels and boiled Spinach . Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Take the pan off the heat.
- Add grated cheese. Mix using a spatula till cheese well incorporated.
- Take a bread slice and spoon the Spinach Corn mixture. Top with another bread. Spread butter. Grill on a griddle pan or hot tawa till crispy from both sides.
- Sometime I add Italian seasoning to the mixture for a variation.
- For spicier version you can also sprinkle some chili flakes after you spoon the filling.
- Add any cooked vegetable of your choice.
- You can also add cooked pasta to spinach corn filling.