Amla Murabba | Amle Ka Murabba
- 1 Kg Amla
- 3 tsp Alum Powder
- 1 kg Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Wash 1 kg amlas and soak them in water for one day.
- Prick Amlas with a fork. Dissolve 1 tsp Alum in water and soak Amlas overnight.
- Next day remove amlas and wash well. Repeat once more and soak them again in fresh alum water for one more day.
- Repeat the process third day also.
- Next day remove the amlas and wash properly.
- Soak them in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- For Sugar Syrup : Mix 1 kg Sugar with half thw quantity of water. Bring to boil.
- Add the lemon juice and remove the scum.
- Add amlas in sugar syrup. Cook on medium flame for 40 minutes or till the amlas are well cocked.
- keep aside to let them cool. If the syrup still looks thin, cook it again until it becomes thick.
- Let it cool, then store in a clean airtight jar.
- You can add elaichi or any other flavoring of your choice.