- 2 Cups All Purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Clariffie butter
- pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
- Chilled Water for Kneading Dough
For Sugar Syrup:
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Green Carmamom Powder
- In a bowl add flour, salt, Ghee and mix together. Till the flour is crumbly.
- Add just enough chilled water to knead a soft dough.
- Knead it lightl. Cover and keep side for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes take a small portion of dough and spread out into a thin rectangular shape.
- Make 1/2 cm wide slits throughout the dough.
- Dip the finger in water and run it on edges.
- Carefully pick the dough from one side and fold. Again apply water on edges and fold again.
- Lift the dough and fold the edges.
- Bend and bring the top end from the center to the other side like a knot.
- On a medium hot oil deep fry till crispy golden brown from both sides.
- Remove and cool completely.
- For Sugar Syrup: Add water and sugar in a pan.
- Bring to boil till 2 string consistency.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- Now dip the fried Shakarpara in sugar syrup for 30 seconds.
- Remove from syrup drip the the excess syrup and serve.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and Pistas.
- Rest for an Hour before serving.