- 700 grams Pears
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 Cinnamom Stick
- 1 Star Anise
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli Powder
- Juice of One Lemon
- Roughly Chop the Pears.
- Add them to a pan.
- Add 1/2 tsp Salt and 1 tsp chopped ginger to it.
- For more flavours add Cinnamon stick and Star Anise.
- Add sugar and cook till the pears are soft.
- Mash them whie stirring. I personally like chunks but you can mash completely if you want.
- For spicy touch add Red chilli powder to it .
- Finally, and lemon juice of one lemon to it.
- Cook for another few minutes.
- Pears Chutney is ready to eat.