- 250 grams Kaju / Cashewnuts
- 1/4 th Cup Milk Powder
- 3/4 th Cup Sugar
- 1/4 th Cup Water
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Silver Warq - 7-8 leaves (optional)
- Powder the cashew in a coffee grinder or a dry grinder.
- The cashews should be in powdered form and not become pasty or oily.
- Sieve the ground cashew powder. Add milk powder and keep aside.
- Now in a non stick pan, take sugar along with water.
- Keep the flame on low and keep on stirring to form syrup.
- Stir the sugar syrup till it forms 1 string consistency. Turn off the flame.
- Add the cashew mixture and keep on stirring.
- The Cashew mixture will start thickening.
- Mixture should be soft and smooth.
- Take out the mixture on a plastic sheet and make it soft by kneading.
- Take a lump of the mixture and flatten it.
- Then roll the dough with a rolling-pin, adjusting the thickness according to your choice.
- Cut the edges so that you can get perfect diamond shapes.
- Now cut the dough into diamond shape or the shape you wish for.
- You can also decorate with silver leaf / silver vark.
- Finally, serve kaju katli to your brother and celebrate raksha bandhan.