Vada Pav | vada Pao
For Potato Mixture:
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 no Green chilly chopped
- few Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Ginger Chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp Garlic Chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 5 medium Potatoes Boiled
- Salt to taste
- few coriander leaves
- Oil - For frying
For Besan Batter:
- 1 cup Besan
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- pinch of Hing
- To make the besan batter combine all the dry ingredients and whisk it. Add water and make it into a thick pouring batter.
- For the potato mixture heat oil and add hing , mustard seeds & Cumin seeds, once it pops add chopped green chilly and curry leaves.
- Add the ginger and garlic (optional) and sauce for 2 minutes. Now add turmeric, oriander powder, red chilli powder and give a quick stir.
- Add boiled & roughly mashed potatoes along with salt and cook them for 3 minutes.
- add few coriander leaves.
- Remove and let it cool completely.
- Now make round balls of the potato mixture and dip it in the batter and deep fry on medium hot oil.
- Once cooked remove and the vada are ready.
- Now take a pao and slit it in the middle.
- Apply tamarind chutney then mint chutney and sprinkle dry garlic chutney.
- Place the vada inside the bread and sprinkle with garlic chutney.
- Press gently and serve.