Kada Prashad | Aate Ka Halwa
- 1 Cup Wheat flour (aata)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 4 Cups Water
- Boil 4 cups water in a pan.
- In anpther pan heat the Ghee and let it melt .
- Add Whole Wheat Flour , stir and mix the whole wheat flour (atta) with the ghee.
- Mix very well to get a mixture without lumps.
- On a low flame begin to fry the whole wheat flour in ghee.
- Fry the atta stirring non-stop.
- The color of the flour will change as you keep on stirring and cooking it. keep on stirring the flour to ensure even browning.
- The atta or whole wheat flour should have a shade of dark golden color and should have a nutty fragrance.
- When the atta turns to a dark golden color, add the sugar .
- Now add hot water and be very careful as the mixture bubbles and splutters a lot. Mix and stir very well.
- Now cook the kada prashad stirring non-stop. The mixture will thicken as it gets cooked.
- The halwa will also start releasing ghee.
- Continue to stir non-stop and cook till the whole mixture becomes one mass and leaves the sides of the pan.
- The consistency of the kada prasad will also change as well as the color.
- When the kada prashad has a thick pudding like consistency, then switch off the flame.
- Serve kada prashad hot or warm.