Kamal Kakdi | Bhein | Lotus Stem
- 1/2 kg Lotus Stem
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Gram Flour
- 1.5 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 cup fresh, Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander for garnishing
- Wash and peel the lotus stems. Cut them into thin slices.
First we will clean lotus stem for that heat some water in a pan, add lotus stem, salt and bring it to boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the dirty water and pour some clean water so that they are cleaned properly.
- Now, take enough water in a presuure cooker and add salt ,1/2 tsp Turmeric powder and Lotus Stem and pressure cook for 6-7 whistles. Keep aside.
Strain the lotus stems into a bowl, reserving the water.
- Dry roast Gram Flour in a pan on low flame till it changes its colour and till fragrant. Keep aside.
- Take oil in a Pan add cumin seeds, Hing ( Asafoetida ) and cook for a minute
- Now, add chopped Oinion and fry till light brown .
- Add tomato puree, chopped ginger and cook till the raw smell of tomatoes is gone.
Add Haldi Powder, Salt, Coriander Powder, Chilli Powder and Garam Masala Powder and cook till the oil gets separted from the sides.
- Add roasted Besan and Mix well.
Add boiled lotus stems, mix and cook for a minute. Add some of the reserved water. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
Add coriander leaves , 1 tsp of Lemon Juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with phulka and dal.