Aam Ki Launji | Khatte Meethe Keri Ki Launji
- 500 g Raw Mango
- 250 g Sugar/ Gur ( jaggery )
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Hing ( Asafoetida )
- 1/2 tsp Jeera ( Cumin seeds )
- 1/2 tsp Methidana ( Fenugreek Seeds )
- 1.5 tbsp Saunf ( Fennel seeds )
- 1tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Haldi
- 1 tsp Black salt
- 3/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Dhania Powder ( Coriander Powder )
- Wash Peel and cut Mangoes lnto wedges.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add hing, cumin, Fenugreek and 1/2 tsp Saunf.
- Fry for a few seconds and then add the raw mangoes. Add Haldi, Black Salt, Salt and Red Chilli Powder and mix.
- Add water and cover and cook till mangoes are softened.
- Now add Sugar/jaggery and cook till it melts.
- Cover and cook for another minute. Add Coriander Powder and 1 tbsp of Saunf.
- This can be served hot as well as refrigerated and used over the week.