Aamras | Keri no Ras
Aamras is popular in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan. There are different flavored aamras in every region. Use any one option to flavor it up your aamras.
- Maharashtrian Aamras: add cardamom powder.
- Gujarati Aamras aka ‘Keri no ras’: add dry ginger powder or sonth and top with ghee (clarified butter)
- Rajasthani Aamras: add saffron while grinding mango
Here I have added Green Cadamom powder
- 3 Mangoes
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar or According to your taste
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 2 tbsp Milk (Optional)
Wash the mangoes and peel them.
Remove the pulp and discard the seeds.
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend to make a smooth paste.
Add sugar and cardamom powder.
Garnish with mango cubes.
Serve chilled with hot Poories.
- Sugar quantity is depending on the mangoes. If your mangoes are sour then you need more sugar. If mangoes are sweet then you need less sugar or sometimes no sugar. I have not added any sugar because the fruit was sweet enough to our taste.
- Milk or water– I usually do not add any milk or water. Because I like thick and strong mango flavor to my aamras. Specially Maharashtra, people use milk in aamras, while in Gujarat, people don’t use any milk or water. Addition of milk/water is up to your liking. If adding milk please careful not to thin out too much that it becomes drink.