- 1 cup Maida (All purpose flour)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 100 gm Butter
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 cup colorful cherries or mixed nuts
- 3 Eggs , separated
- Preheat the Oven to 180 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Beat in egg yolk one at a time, followed by marmalade. Beat well.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Add the Flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Add milk and fold the egg whites into the mixture by cut and fold method.
- In the last add the nuts or the cherries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or til done.
- Remove the cake from the oven leave it in tin for 10 minutes. Then take it out and leave to cool completely on rack.