Til Mawa/Khoya Ladoo
- 1/2 cup Sesame seeds (til)
- 1/2 cup Khoya/Mawa
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 1-2 tbsp Desi Ghee
- Heat a thick bottomed kadai or pan. keep the flame to low or medium. add white sesame seeds on a low flame or sim, stirring often roast the sesame seeds.
- The sesame seeds should become crunchy. so do roast well. you will also hear their crackling and popping sound when being roasted.
- Remove them in a plate or tray and let the seeds cool down at room temperature.
- Heat the same kadai or pan. keep the flame to a low and add khoya.
- Stirring continuously roast for 1 to 2 minutes. khoya will become crumbly and lumpy.
- switch off the flame and then add the sesame seeds in the kadai.
- Keep the kadai down and then add powdered sugar and cardamon powder. Mix well.
- let the heat reduce a bit and then with your fingers mix everything very well. Break the small lumps of powdered sugar and khoya with your fingers.
- then add 1 to 2 tablespoons ghee. mix again well.
- Now take some portion of the til khoya/Mawa ladoo mixture in your palms and begin to shape into ladoos. if you add more ghee the ladoos will have a smooth finish and appearance.
- Use up the entire mixture to make the ladoos this way. store them in an air-tight container and refrigerate.