Til Gud Ke Ladoo
- 1 cup Sesame seeds (til)
- 1/2 cup Chopped jaggery (gur) /powdered jaggery
- 1/4 cup Roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup Coconut desiccated
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a slow flame til sesame seeds start to pop or change colour while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Roast peanuts till crispy let them cool and then slightly crush them. Keep aside.
- Roast Coconut on low flame till it changes its colour to light golden. stirring continously. keep aside.
- Now add them in a grinder jar.
- Add 1/2 cup heaped jaggery powder and 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Run grinder or mixer for a few seconds and then stop. check the consistency. scrape the sides and add in the jar. you can also use the pulse option in your grinder.
- Continue in the same way, till you get a consistency in the mixture, where a bit of oil releases from the sesame seeds, peanuts and coconut.
- Take a small portion of the mixture in your hands and then press. it should hold shape and not crumble. don't grind at one stretch or grind too much as then much oil will be released from the mixture.
- Remove the ladoo mixture in a plate or tray.
- Take a small portion of the til ladoo mixture in your palms and begin to shape it into ladoos.
- Make ladoos with the rest of the mixture.
- Serve til Gud ke laddu ladoo during makar sankranti or have them as a sweet snack.