Moong Dal Cheela
- 1 cup Soaked Moong dal
- 1 tbsp White Urad Dal (Whole)
- 1 inch Ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Paneer , Grated
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl soak both the dals for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Drain off the water and transfer to the mixi jar.
- Add chilli, ginger and cumin seeds.
- Blend to a smooth paste adding water if required.
- Transfer the batter to the bowl.
- Now add turmeric powder, pinch of hing and salt.
- Mix well adding 3 tbsp of water forming thick flowing consistency cheela batter.
- Combine all the ingredients for the paneer filling mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat a skillet and pour a ladle full of moong dal cheela batter in circular fashion from center going outwards making a diameter approximately 6 inch.
- Drizzle oil/ghee around the spread cheela batter. Allow the moong dal cheela to cook to medium heat. You will notice brown spots appearing inside and around the sides. Let it get crisp and then flip and cook the cheela for a about a minute.
- Remove from the moong dal cheela from the skillet, place it on a platter with the bottom side facing down. Fill about scoop of paneer filling along center diameter of cheela and fold it lengthwise tightly.
- Moong dal chilla is ready to serve with green chutney.