Moong Dal Halwa
- 1 cup Split green gram skinless (dhuli moong dal)
- 1 cup Desi Ghee
- 1 tbsp Gram flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp Sooji
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Khoya/mawa
- 1/4 tsp Green cardamom
- 10-12 Almonds cut into slivers
- 10-12 Cashew nuts , chopped
- 2 cup Water
- Soak the yellow moong dal in enough water for 3 hours or overnight. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer to a coarse paste with 1 tbsp water. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add gram flour , Sooji and cook till brown . Add moong dal, lower heat and mix well.
- Saute, stirring continuously, till golden brown or for 20-25 minutes. keep on stirring the halwa on a low flame till the raw aroma of moong dal goes away completely.The moong dal dal mixture should reach a granular consistency.
- Mix Water and milk and heat the milk .
- Add Warm milk to moong dal and mix well and keep stirring.
- Cook till all the liquid get absorbed.
- Now, add sugar and Cook till sugar dissolves completely.
- Add khoya and cook for another 5- 10 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, some almond slivered, Cashew and pistas.
- Switch off heat and transfer in a serving dish.
- Serve hot garnished with dry fruits of your choice.