Walnut Cake (Eggless)
- 1/2 cup (100 gm ) Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Milk
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup (125 gm) Flour
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder ( can skip if you don't like cinnamon)
- Sieve all the dry ingredients Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Cinnamon Powder together.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy add vanilla essence.
- Add in milkmaid. Mix well with beater.
- Add sifted Flour and milk gradually.
- Mix well for about 2 minutes.
- Coat the walnuts in a tsp of flour and then add to the batter by coating with flour they will not sink it at the bottom while baking.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into 6 inches greased mould sprinkle some almonds on the top.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or till done.
- Remove the cake from the oven leave in tin for 10 minutes. Then take it out and leave to cool completely on the rack.