Gajar Ka Halwa
- 1 kg Grated carrot / gajar
- 1 liter Full cream milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Desi Ghee
- 8-10 Whole or chopped cashews
- 8-10 Roasted almonds
- 12-15 Golden raisins
- 1/4 tsp Green Cardamon Powder
- 200 grams Khoya
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots (gajar).
- In a wide open pan add 2 tsp of ghee and all the dry fruits. roast it for one minute. Keep them aside.
- Add grated carrot to the same pan. carrot needs to be cooked only for 2 to 3 minutes until they turn soft.
- Now add milk try to use full cream milk instead of light milk.
- Mix well and let the milk comes to boil. stir in between so that milk does not get stick to bottom.
- Cook carrot and milk for 30 minutes on low flame. all the milk should be evaporated leaving behind thick khoya.
- Once more than 1/2 of milk evaporates add 1 cup of sugar. mix it well with milk.
- Once again, cook the carrots for 30 minutes in a low flame until all the milk evaporates.
- Add Khoya to it and cook till the mixture comes together.
- Add elaichi powder and dry fruits.
- you gajar halwa is ready. garnish it with dry fruits. serve it warm or cold depending upon your preferences.